Essential Medical Specialty Service remains open
Drummoyne Dermatology is an Essential Medical Specialty Service and remains open.
To help keep everyone safe.
- Everyone will be given a N95 mask to wear before entering the waiting room.
- Everyone will keep this mask on during their entire appointment.
- Please arrive only a few minutes before your appointment time.
- A quick face check under the mask will be undertaken. We will ask patients to hold their breath for a few seconds whilst the doctor examines this area. If a biopsy needs to be done, we will arrange for a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), which will be self-administered by the patient outside the practice in the fresh air. The RAT will take approximately 15 minutes and the patient can then return for the biopsy with the Dermatologist once they receive a negative result on their RAT.
If you have a mask exemption you must carry the below documentation and please show to our reception team and your treating doctor at your appointment.
- a medical certificate or letter signed by a registered health practitioner (such as a doctor) or a registered NDIS provider or
- a statutory declaration.
We do ask any patient with a mask exemption to call our practice so we can implement measures to minimise the risks of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our staff, patients and others at our practice.
- You will need a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) on the day of your appointment.
- Please bring your exemption documentation with you to show our reception team and your treating doctor.
- Please bring your COVID-19 RAT test result.
- We will ask you to wait outside until the Doctor is ready see you.
- We may move you appointment to the last of the day.
We have instigated what we believe to be gold standard precautions to keep you and our staff safe.
It’s critical that patients can still be screened and treated for their skin cancers, melanomas and other skin conditions, during this Covid-19 time, which may last 12 months.
- Our Doctors are wearing P2/ N95 masks, our nurses are wearing N95 masks, AND ALL PATIENTS WlLL BE GIVEN A N95 MASK TO WEAR AND KEEP.
- In the consultation rooms, a full disinfection of bed and medical equipment occurs after every patient.
- For the safety of patients and staff, we are not seeing patients who are unwell with a cold, cough, virus or have recently travelled overseas.
Be reassured, we are doing everything we possibly can to keep you safe.