Essential Medical Specialty Service remains open
Drummoyne Dermatology is an Essential Medical Specialty Service and remains open.
To help keep everyone safe.
- Everyone will be given a N95 mask to wear before entering the waiting room.
- Everyone will keep this mask on during their entire appointment.
- Patients will only enter the waiting room 15 minutes before the Doctor is ready to see them. We may text you.
- A quick face check under the mask will be undertaken. We will ask patients to hold their breath for a few seconds whilst the doctor examines this area. If a biopsy needs to be done, a new appointment will be made and we will ask our patients to undertake a COVID-19 PCR test 24 hours before this appointment. We ask you to advise the collection facility for your COVID swab that you will be having an operation and require the results back within 24 hours.
The NSW public health order includes a number of lawful reasons for not wearing a mask which includes a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, that makes wearing a mask unsuitable.
If you have a mask exemption you must carry the below documentation and please show to our COVID-19 Marshall and your treating doctor at your appointment.
- a medical certificate or letter signed by a registered health practitioner (such as a doctor) or a registered NDIS provider or
- a statutory declaration.
We do ask any patient with a mask exemption to call our practice so we can implement measures to minimise the risks of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our staff, patients and others at our practice.
- You will need a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hours of your appointment
- Please bring your exemption documentation with you to show our COVID-19 Marshall and your treating doctor
- Please bring your COVID-19 test result
- Your appointment will be the last of the day
- We will ask you to wait outside until the Doctor is ready see you
We have instigated what we believe to be gold standard precautions to keep you and our staff safe.
It’s critical that patients can still be screened and treated for their skin cancers, melanomas and other skin conditions, during this Covid-19 time, which may last 12 months.
- Our waiting room has been altered in line with the government’s social distancing guidelines.
- Our Doctors are wearing P2/ N95 masks, our nurses are wearing N95 masks, AND ALL PATIENTS WlLL BE GIVEN A N95 MASK TO WEAR AND KEEP.
- In the consultation rooms, a full disinfection of all chairs, desk, bed and medical equipment occurs after every patient. All door handles, waiting room chairs and other surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- For the safety of patients and staff, we are not seeing patients who are unwell with a cold, cough, virus or have recently travelled overseas.
These precautions will continue until the Covid-19 threat has passed, which may be 12 months.
Be reassured, we are doing everything we possibly can to keep you safe.